Wednesday, October 10, 2018

War Babe - Adoption Journey - Part 24

So, I haven't posted in a while. My "journey" to find my birth family has sort of come to a close. Well, in a way it has.  I have found my birth father's family and they were more welcoming than I could ever imagine. I have continued to correspond with my brothers and my uncles and a couple of cousins, and this correspondence really REALLY warms my heart. Plus, I am not so obsessed with the genealogy portion of it now that I know. 

However, I still know very little about my birth mother's family.  I talk to my brother, Art and his wife Pat, at times and I assume I will keep hearing from my other brother, Russ's wife, Karen at Christmas. I just wish I knew more about the lineage on that side.  Art, being adopted by his step father, knows very little about his mom's side of the family, and Russ was supposed to do some of his family tree but they have been doing some wonderful traveling (I see pictures on Facebook) and I guess he hasn't found the time yet. Plus, I know they weren't very happy with the negative light I shed on Liz when I was writing.  But I was just writing how I felt, not what could or could not be the truth. 

Russ seems more like me in some ways, being that he works in technology, and it would be really nice to get to know him.  I have never been able to communicate with him, only his wife has written to me or really ever spoken to me.  I guess in that respect I will just need to respect his wishes, and if he ever wants to know me better, he will let me know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Adoption - I am a War Babe, part 25

I am not sure what to continue to write as my blog was meant to be about how I found my birth families.  Now that I have officially found th...