Monday, August 27, 2018

War Babe Adoption Journey - part 22 - The Reunion Continued

I wanted to finish this "first" reunion story with my last night and flight home. 

So, my last night in Kentucky was spent with my brother Tim and his family.  He has a great wife and has been married 37 years!! Wow! ( Good Grief!!  I didnt get ONE picture of Kris!! How awful!!  I need to scan one I have from years ago.)  His daughter Jessica is still living with them, as well as many fur babies!  They of course have dogs (seems everyone there does) and a Siamese cat ( like my birth father had)  We ate homemade sloppy joes (best I have ever eaten!!) and had some awesome strawberry pie!  Then we sat up until who knows when (I think it may have been 9:30... not sure  LOL) and just talked and shared stories and memories.  It was different for me because I grew up an only child.  I keep telling him I don't know how to act like a sister!  Here is an old picture of Tim and his wife Kris.  


They had had another daughter, her husband and three children staying with them ( a house full!!) but they had left a couple weeks back.  So I slept in a very nice extra bedroom with a very comfy bed.  Another good nights sleep. 

Tuesday morning dawned with Uncle Rick and Tim driving me the long three hours to the airport to let me go home.  I was talking and reflecting all the way home that day.  What a wonderful reception I received.  I was welcomed into the family.  I felt that if I had been able to meet Russ before he passed, he would have welcomed me and been proud of who I am just as everyone there had.  I also felt that he would have known that being adopted at the time I was, 10 days old, was the best thing for me and that I had had a wonderful family growing up and still do to this day.  He, I feel, would have been at peace and happy that things turned out as they had.  This seems like the greatest gift that I had been given during my reunion.  I know that my bio family as well as my adoptive family that have passed are all looking down at me and smiling.  I am happy, I am content, I am full.  My journey in a way is over. However, a new chapter starts. One with not just one family to care, but two.  It has also sparked in me a love of Genetics and maybe wanting to become more of a genealogist.  I would love to be a "search angel" to some folks and help them with their search and their journey.  Knowing it from a personal side and being able to help would be AWESOME!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Adoption - I am a War Babe, part 25

I am not sure what to continue to write as my blog was meant to be about how I found my birth families.  Now that I have officially found th...